Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Friedrich EL24J35A Twintemp Electric Heat/Cool Air

Customer Question

I have a Friedrich EL24J35A
Twintemp Electric Heat/Cool Air Conditioner 24,000 BTU 230/208V 9.2 EER Air Conditioning/Heating unit in my condo. This AC unit was keeping my living room nice and cool one week ago and now it is not keeping my LR cool at all because it is not blowing cold air. What do you think the problem is?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

If the unit is not blowing any air at all, then it would be a blower motor that has gone out. If it is blowing, but just not cool air, then it has probably lost it's charge.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I think it is blowing but will confirm.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

OK, thanks.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

Did you have additional questions or can we close question out?