Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

My air conditioner is not working

Customer Question

My air conditioner is not working
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What is happening? Does the unit run?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The unit has been fine . I changed the filter in the return under the house and when I came back up the outside unit is not coming on??..

It could be on a compressor saver delay have you let it go for about 10 minutes to see if it comes on?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do I need to shut the unit off?

No just leave it on and do not mess with the thermostat and see what happens.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It has been over a couple ago. Since then I changed the batteries in the thermostat controller . Also have shut breakers off and reset them after a few minutes.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The outside unit is the one not coming on..

OK check the fuse in the airhandler and see if the fuse on the board is blown. That can cause that issue. Also do you have a condensate pump?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have a condensate pump where would the fuse be?? Inside the the air handler where the return air filter unit is??

Ok check the condensate pump if the float is tripped that will cut out the outside unit, the fuse should be on the board in the airhandler.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Fuse is good .. How do I check the float?? It did just expell water to the outside flower bed
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
As it does.?.

You would have to check the pump and see if the float is triggering on and off when the water is it it and it pumps out. If the float is stuck or bad it will kill power to the outside unit so no more water goes into the condensate should see the yellow thermostat wires attached to the pump switch.