Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Newer Lennox 5 ton split with zone damper board won't shut

Customer Question

Newer Lennox 5 ton split with zone damper board won't shut after call for cool and call for heat. I disconnected primary T stat and jumped red to yellow the system responded but did not shut off after disconnecting call for cool. This eliminated the primary T stat as source of the problem. Everything checked out at the condenser aside from the fact that the home owner decided to replace the start kit and used a 60/5 rather than the 80/5 required dual run capacitor. Contractor seemed to be connected correctly but the coil was getting 24 volts which leads me to be leave that the issue lies in the circuit board of the zoning damper. Not to familiar with these units I haven't messed with them outside of school a few years ago
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 9 months ago.

Good morning, send me a photo of the inside wiring of the zone damper box showing the printed circuit board and I will coach you on a diagnosis, use the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar or the attach files link to the left of your send button for that.

We can go from there.