Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Replacing whiter rodgers 1F86-0244 with Honeywell

Customer Question

replacing whiter rodgers 1F86-0244 with Honeywell RTHL2310/RTHL221 I have a white, yellow green and two reds. CUrrently have them hooked up green to G white to W yellow to Y red to R and the other red to RC -- jumper between R and RC. Not getting any high fan speed off MY GE Model LE-D electric furnace and for the Rheem Seer 10 AC unit
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: filters are new, opened vent dampers outside unit cleaned freon topped off
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 3 months ago.

My name is Billy.

Do you have access to the other end of the thermostat wire where it attaches in the blower unit?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do by taking off the panel on the furnace unit. I did it previously and the direct drive fan motor has red, white ,black and blue wires which indicates to me it is a multiple speed motor

can you tell me then at thermostat wire connections...what terminals do the (2) different red wires go to?

We should only have one so I am questioning the second