Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a Buderus SST300-80 indirect water heater and notice

Customer Question

Good morning,
I have a Buderus SST300-80 indirect water heater and notice that during the summer months when we have higher than normal humidity, there is water that leaks out of the bottom of the unit. The heater is only 4 years old and this doesn't occur during the other months of the year. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this and what would cause this? I can send a picture of this if you let me know to what email address.
Thank you,
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Here are 2 pictures. One of the water heater and where the water is coming out of and the other of the model # ***** overall picture of the unit>
Expert:  Phil replied 3 months ago.

Hello. it is most likely that the cold water supply to the tank is cooler than 55F and IF that is the case then the tank would be sweating in the humid weather.

Examine the city water supply line to the indirect water heater and tell me if it is sweating occasionally in warm weather or not. We can go from there.

We can go from there