airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I can't locate the fuse on my Trane EX 78

Customer Question

Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

There is not one on there you would have to add a fuse inline to the transformer yourself to fuse this unit.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
there's no fuse? Last night the ecobee thermostat fried with an audible sound and burn smell. I was assuming the fuse blew and needed replaced. I hooked up the old thermostat and now the unit will turn on inside, but not outside with no air blowing

No fuse on that one, you may have burned up a low voltage wire to the board in the furnace or airhandler...or to the outside unit. Check that out and see.

Expert:  airheatman replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** a different expert. Look on the control board and see if there is a small auto type fuse as shown here: