Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I hv comfortmaster furnace and no hot water. Can't locate

Customer Question

I hv comfortmaster furnace and no hot water. Can't locate pilot light. Rebooted furnace power but still no hot water.
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Do these numbers mean anything:EPM48J22C1 or L0203744167
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No - just started renting the home
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

Your furnace doesn't make hot water. You should have a separate water heater. Either a tank type that sits on the floor or a tankless mounted on a wall. There are a couple other possibilities but they aren't very common. Can you look around some more and let me know what you find?