Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I just has installed 2 new Honeywell thermostats and now my

Customer Question

I just has installed 2 new Honeywell thermostats and now my AC is working. It's set for 70 however it's 80 degrees and it's on cool and auto
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: specific to the thermostate
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: my electrician can't get here today so yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 3 months ago.

Does indoor or outdoor come on?Give me model on old and new thermostats and tell me what wires you put to what terminal on new

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't know the old model because my staff missed place them, where do I find the model number on the thermostat? I didn't do the wiring but starting at the top going down there is 3 red wires, a yellow, a white and a green wire
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I took the unit off it's base and on the back there are the numbers TH511001022 THEN 1618

If you have more than one red it is possible you have a two transformer system .If so they may have caused a short by the way it was wired.

I would need to know what wires went to what terminals on old thermostat to determine.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't think the wires were moved at all the new looks just like the old one

I will open to other experts who may be able to help.

I have opted out of the question to see if perhaps other experts may have more information and can assist.Please do not rate or reply as that will send question back to my desk and delay getting assistance..Please stand by to see if another expert can assist further.Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.

If no expert can help and you are unsatisfied, we can request a refund of your deposit

Expert:  Phil replied 3 months ago.

Hello, virtually no electricians have the air conditioning *controls experience to wire AC thermostats... air heat man could easily be correct and that a fuse deep inside one of the furnace's or air handlers has been blown.

If you can tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city I can most likely locate a well rated AC controls technician in your area with good ratings, we can go from there.