Sean, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner HVAC company
64612473

My air conditioner is blowing warm air...

Customer Question

Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
All buttons work, display and lights all normal, fan and everything turn on, it's just a lack of cold air... tried recalibrating but no change. I'm hot! Haha, its 90 right now in here.
Expert:  WCohn replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Is this an outdoor unit?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
No, don't think so... Sorry, I don't know much about this stuff. I just know there is the thermostat and it supplies 4 rooms inside the house so it's a whole house heating and air conditioning setup. Does that help? I know where the water heater, fuse box, etc are.... If I go outside will I find the other piece of the system? *looking up how home heating and ac work now*
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
here is what I'm about to try, I to seeing stuff about single room window type box air conditioner s not the whole system, doesn't seem to matter for these checks ..._It's not working at all: the condenser (for an outdoor unit) or air handler/furnace (indoor unit) are not running.
Make sure it's plugged in. This may seem obvious, but there are occasions when this is exactly the problem. Whether kids, dogs, or an accidental tap with the vacuum cleaner, the plug could be partially or completely dislodged.
Image titled Check Your Air Conditioner Before Calling for Service Step 2Bullet1
Check the circuit breakers and fuses. Make sure they are in place, turned on, and functioning properly. Circuits, especially with older homes, are easily overloaded if the air conditioner shares a circuit with appliances such as irons, refrigerators, or microwaves.
Image titled Check Your Air Conditioner Before Calling for Service Step 2Bullet2
Check your thermostat (cooling control) and make sure it is set to cool at the current temperature, and working properly. As with plugs, sometimes settings can change by accident.
Image titled Check Your Air Conditioner Before Calling for Service Step 2Bullet3
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I meant "I keep seeing stuff" sorry for the big paste, seemed like the easiest way...
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is that big grill the " brain ?" That is by the thermostat, each room has a small grill like the last pic, all are on the ceiling
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the fan is on and coming from this Bryant 90i then above that it says evaporator coil
Expert:  WCohn replied 10 months ago.

You should have a large box outside

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yeah, I included pics of it..... What now? I'm scared to open the service door.... I'm not sure what fuse belongs to what, only about 1/3 of them are labeled.b is it safe if I just turn the fan off to open it?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The fuse box doesn't look like anything of tripped...
Expert:  WCohn replied 10 months ago.

Is the fan in the outdoor unit spinning when the thermostat calls for ac. ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it's all working perfectly. Just no cold air... It's blowing warm air but it's not the heater turning on. The indicator on the thermastat even lights up green for AC when it's called for AC.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK thanks
Expert:  Sean replied 10 months ago.

Good evening, Im a Hvac expert here on just answers, I will be more than happy to help you with this issue.

All i ask is you rate me as this is how I am paid for helping customers. After that you can still ask follow up questions at no charge.

Getting back to the question. So your ac isn't working? Have you looked outside? Can you tell me if your outside unit is running or not, If its not I would like you to go to your circuit breaker first and see if its tripped

Expert:  Sean replied 10 months ago.

I see the furnace blower is running which is good, But on the actual circuit breaker box there should be a 2 pole 20amp breaker