HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My mack ac unit on my camper will run while then the trip

Customer Question

my coleman mack ac unit on my camper will run for a while then the trip the breaker.my generator is a 2000 watt it over loads it.it runs the fan but when i turn on ac it trips.its on a 2011 flagstaff tent trailer
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Answer:

A Coleman Mack unit can draw 22 amps or more a 2000 watt generator will not be able to power that, you would need at least a 7500 watt generator minimum more like 10,000 watt to run it along with other things.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!