Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Before going on vacation 2 weeks ,I turned the thermostat to

Customer Question

Before going on vacation for approx 2 weeks ,I turned the thermostat to the off position. I thought it would save a few $. We ended coming home early (5 days) so I activated the model 8363 thermostat to turn on the AC unit. THe furnace, located in the attic did not seem to start cooling. The air was not blowing. I changed the fan control on the thermostat. The fan failed to kick on. The digital thermostat, which is not directly connected by wires showed "cool" flashing.
The temp is 92 and the thermostat is set on 74. What are your thoughts on this problem?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 3 months ago.

COOL flashing indicates time delay.Has it been longer than 5 minutes flashing>If notlets leave alone and see if it comes on and COOL turns solid