Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I replaced my honeywell nonprogramable t stat with a

Customer Question

I replaced my honeywell nonprogramable t stat with a programable one. Air blowing out is hot. I took a pic of the old wiring and wired it the same way. What gives?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: The settings say that default is multistage so i left that alone as per the instructions. The filters are fine.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I changed the t stat. I have done this previously wo a problem. Jowever, my ac is 2008 so i was wondering if freon was a possibility
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 8 months ago.

Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help!

Did the ac system work ok before you replaced the thermostat or did you think the thermostat was the problem and replaced it hoping it would fix the problem?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Our electric bill was high so i checked the t stat. It said that the temp was 85 and the air was on and it was cold. Figured it was the thermostat. As soon as i put the new t stat in, the temp read as 74 so i thought the problem was solved.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you there?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Wow what a rip off

Sorry, I had a glitch there....

Ok, so it's not the thermostat. You have a problem with your ac unit itself. Did this problem happen all of a sudden or did you notice the ac was slowly running more poorly?

I assure you madam or sir, this site and the service provide is not a ripoff! We have technology these days that can put you in contact with a real technician, 1000's of miles away (or in the next town over for that matter), with many years of experience that is willing to share their knowledge to help you repair things at a fraction of the cost of a service company. Unfortunately this wonderful technology is not without its flaws. Patience is a virtue in the tech realm even though it seems to create a society with an 'instant gratification' expectation. I'm sorry you had to wait 6 minutes for another response due to a simple glitch. Fortunately we don't charge by the hour (or a hundred bucks an hour or more) like the companies that would send a wet behind the ears two year tech fresh out of trade school to come out and <hopefully> repair your system <hopefully the first time>. I ask you, where's the real the ripoff?

If you'd like to continue with my help, please post back and I will help any way I can! Otherwise let me know and I'll happily opt out or request a refund on your behalf. We do aim to please here at Just Answer!

Kindest regards,

-Brian