Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

My Airscape 2.5E whole house fan, just over 3 years old, now

Customer Question

My Airscape 2.5E whole house fan, just over 3 years old, now shuts down after on 2 or 3 minutes of operation. What to do? Who to call?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

The fan motor may be going bad or the capacitor for the fan could be an issue. Most HVAC companies in the Yellow Pages can take a look at it and hopefully repair it. If the motor is bad you will need to replace the unit though as it will not be worth putting a motor into and a company can change it out for you without issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me! are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!