bonzaco
bonzaco,
Experience:  Owner at Dales Electronic
26760916

Our Trane XL13i needs a replacement compressor, 2.5 tons.

Customer Question

Our Trane XL13i needs a replacement compressor, 2.5 tons. What would be the Trane part number for a replacement compressor?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

You need the complete model number to get the right one.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The model number is *****

Do you know that unit has a 10 year compressor warranty?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it is many years out of warranty.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can you please answer my question?
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'm a qualified refrigerations and air conditioning engineer. Firstly before we go down this route can you tell me what refrigerant the original compressor was using and what causes you to think the compressor is faulty?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Ian, it is R410A and the compressor is not faulty, it is a 3.5 ton unit which is a mismatch to the home and so instead of replacing the whole unit, a simple compressor swap for the 2.5 ton model would be appropriate.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

Have a look at this one, is it single or three phase you wanted this one being single. -- http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRANE-R410A-DP28D-BB1-KA-2-33-TON-200-230-VOLTS-MOTOR-COMPRESSOR-/271979626840 --

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What a coincidence, that's actually exactly the one I was looking to buy! Would it be a drop-in replacement? It looks to be the same shape as the one that's in our 3.5 ton unit.
Expert:  bonzaco replied 4 months ago.

Yes you may have to modify the pipes slightly but that wont be a big job and then you should be good to go - from the colour it looks like it is a Trane factory refurbished unit so as good as new. Would you now kindly rate the information given sofar by selecting from the star rating system at the top of the page, once done all further questions are free of charge. Thanks for using JA and have a good day - Ian