HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

My ac is not turning on, first time, yup,

Customer Question

my ac is not turning on
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: first time
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yup
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Does your inside fan run?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
nop. so this was the issue. the ac we are referring to is sl24n30b from friedrich. i just bought the fried***** *****nk adapter and was installing it on the ac and the ac just shut off. now there is only a power button lit. everything else doesnt work.

There should be an internal fuse on the control board and you may have blown that trying to install the link adapter. You would have to take it all apart to check that though.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
can i do it on my own?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
isn't there a way to reset the ac to factory settings??

You can try to unplug the unit...HOLD DOWN THE POWER button while plugging it back in and see if that changes anything.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
NOP. THAT DIDNT WORK

OK then you would have to take the unit apart to check the control board, if it is new I would suggest returning it.