Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

My 12 month old goodman attic unit is leaking from inside

Customer Question

my 12 month old goodman attic unit is leaking from inside the unit and is rusting out the corner where the water drips. The insulation is wet inside the unit.
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It was installed last year and the model is dsxc160601. The leak is in the INtertek Evaporator Model# *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: At the evaporator leak in the corner there is a white plastic Cap and beside it a Red Plastic Cap. The water is coming out from under these and the insulation inside the evaporator is soaking wet. It has rusted an area about 3" in diameter. This evaporator is only 10 months old.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 3 months ago.

If water is not draining out the drain line and insulation is wet either have an issue with blockage in drain or coil is not level.

Is water running out drain outside?