Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

I have an 8000 btu in my office which is 250 square foot. It

Customer Question

I have an 8000 btu in my office which is 250 square foot. It has a drop ceiling that is 9 foot high. Specs on the ac said it would cool 300 to 350 sq ft. but it does not?
In order to avoid knocking a large hole in the wall, I have mounted it on the inside, up against the wall where there was a vent fan approx. 14 inch in diameter. I sealed where ac meets the wall with Aluminum tape. Will I have to knock out the whole to get it to cool properly?
Thanks, Ken
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.

Please stand by...

Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

OK r you ready?

Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

Your AC should cover the square footage, vent fan could be recycling air back in the room, can you tell me more about that vent fan?? is it exhausting directly outdoors?

Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

hello