Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

First of all these are my qualifications been doing this

Customer Question

First of all these are my qualifications been doing this for over 25yrs changed 100,s of compressors installed god only
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Been a service tech has for over 20 yrs owner of a company for the past 7yrs I installed a new 5 ton York condensing unit 410a to replace an existing 5 ton carrier 410a condensing unit the comp had a rattle to it on in tial start up and failed with in 48hrs returned with a warrnty comp that comp ran forms weeks and then failed the failed was due to the scroll comp was not pumping . So I figured that it might have been an issue with the txv the owner wanted to replace the airhandler and coil to Match the condensing unit for efficiency so this is what I did. And replaced the compressor. Nm ow not even 24hrs later the co mm p isn't pumping again. I use the imperial Eastman manifold gauges and I used the the profile part of the gauges so I could dial it in and very thing was right on the numbers or very close to it with in a pound or a half a degree when I left . I'm at a total loss on why this happining . Any suggestions would be appricated
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: T Stat is a Honeywell chrnotherm 3 and the filters are brand new
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Well ya I'm the ad contractor is this a live knowledgeable person if so what is the Coler unit is a York unit a new one
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Are a bot or real?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  D.E. Anderson replied 10 months ago.

Hi, how are you? What pressures were you running when it was operating? Can you tell me the kind of current it was drawing? Also, are the compressors failing mechanically or electrically? Tell me a little bit about the conditions of the installation as well. Thanks.