BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

My vulcan ph120, has had a problem with the pressure switch

Customer Question

hi Pearl, my vulcan ph120, has had a problem with the pressure switch according to the tech that came out, who did nothing but charge me like a wounded bull. I have replaced the pressure switch 7 days ago and still have the same problem, unit fan comes on but will not ignite, we have been removing the L/H hose from the ps and then replacing back to the ps and it ignites about 5-10 seconds later, But today i have powered down the unit to test the fuses with a multi meter and now i have nothing, No led's to show there is any power getting to the unit, has it gone int LOCK DOWN ?? regards Fred
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat? And what about the unit's filters?
Customer: yes have turned the thermostat off and the back on but the board has no signs of life, where are the filters ?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes I'm quite capable
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no thats about it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 3 months ago.

I am very sorry your question has not been picked up yet.

I just logged on and found you had not been assisted.

Please let me know if you still need help and I will do my best. Please do not "Rate" as we have not worked toward an answer yet.

If you would like to proceed let me know by replying