Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

After having installed an AC coil and condenser the furnace

Customer Question

after having installed an AC coil and condenser the furnace blew the transformer. It was replaced with one with a reset. Issue remains. AC will start, cool but will blow the transformer reset after a couple cycles. I have checked all wiring with no obvious signs of trouble.
JA: Did you check the furnace's filters?
Customer: new filter ??
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 3 months ago.

Check in the outdoor unit to see if maybe a wires between where it goes into unit and gets to contactor (like though pressure switches) and see if maybe a wire is up against a hot gas line that may be heating up and causing wire inside the sheatingto short to tubing.