airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I'm an hvac contractor and need to find a gas conversion kit

Customer Question

Hi, I'm an hvac contractor and need to find a gas conversion kit for the MGF1RC080C12B from lp to na.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: I just found you.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Appliance Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 8 months ago.

So I am understanding the furnace is currently set up for LP and you want to go back to natural .Correct?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.

Let me see what I can find. The furnace comes from factory as natural according to my spec sheets and they list the conversion kit to change to LP, but not from LP to Nat. Give me a few minutes to research.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok

Since the furnace was originally shipped set up for natural, looks like the only kit available is to change to LP.

What we may have to do is order the orifices and gas valve spring separately rather than a kit.

If you would lie help doing that way, give me model on valve.Let me know if it has the Honeywell valve and model on valve

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok I will have to go back to the site on Monday

You will need the 661045 (.45) orifises one for each burner

http://hvacpartstore.myshopify.com/products/45-nordyne-orifice-661045

AS for the gas valve, I am showing the VR8215A1289 as original.

Again it was shipped as natural with a kit to convert to LP so we might find an LP back to Nat kit or you may have to replace valve .

http://keithspecialty.com/k/Nordyne-904081.htm

Good news. The LP to Natural KIt is available for the valve

http://www.supplyhouse.com/Honeywell-394588-LP-to-Natural-Gas-Conversion-Kit-14080000-p

If you want to verify on Monday that the valve is OEM that is fine. Just let me know and we can go from here on Monday.Thanks for letting me work with you.When we are finished, if my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings . If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified