airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a RT8220A 1032 Honeywell remote control Majestic

Customer Question

I have a RT8220A 1032 Honeywell remote control for my Majestic Vermont Castings natural gas fireplace. It features the Honeywell RV8310D,E Millivolt Receiver / Modulating Gas Valve. The remote has an LCD screen and the previous owner of my home must have dropped it at some point... more than 50% of the LCD screen is black/inky looking... There is a large crack across the screen.. As I see it the remote / transmitter is OBSOLETE and no longer in production... I need to do one of the following: 1. find a replacement remote; 2. find a way to fix the screen on the current remote I have; 3. find a way to connect a universal style remote and receiver system to the existing Honeywell RV8310D,E millivolt receiver - something like the TSTSC Controller from Ambient Technologies.... Need help, I have been trying to figure out a solution for several months now.
JA: Just to clarify, what type of fireplace is this?
Customer: Majestic Vermont Castings, natural gas, comfort control, direct vent. Model DV360RFN. Serial H11K00 02171215
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I do.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am considering replacing the Honeywell RV8310D,E Millivolt Receiver / Modulating Gas Valve, with something newer that would work with the fireplace and then finding a universal remote/receiver similar to the TCTSC controller from Ambient Technologies would seamlessly install... But that is more expense than I am looking to incur... there has to be a simpler solution...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.

You might call Hearthside and check with them. I a showing the RT8220A to be item code 111815-01.

Hearthside is showing a replacement model J4709

You might contact them and verify

http://www.hearthsidedistributors.com/Catalog?search=J4709

Do not rate answer until we are able to see if there is a solution for you. If not as long as you do not rate answer,I can request a refund for you.

Cross reference