Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I HAVE AN OLD WEATHER 900+ MODEL NUMBER WHICH STILL TAKES

Customer Question

i HAVE AN OLD WEATHER KING 900+ MODEL NUMBER WHICH STILL TAKES R22, MY QUESTION IS WHAT TON IS THIS OLD AIR CONDITIONER?
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: MODEL #RCL1936-1L
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: MAYBE ADDING SOME R22
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: ALSO JUST WONDERING IF THIS UNIT IS A 2 OR 3 TON
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

That unit would be a 3 ton unit.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I asked you another question also, could I add R 22 myself, I have 2 15 ounce cans almost 2 lbs, I've seen some type of line with a device that can puncture the hole in the can to transfer the Freon, but I think there are 2 types of valve locations on the back of this unit to transfer the freon, which one of these valves would I use?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.

You could add refrigerant, but would need to purchase a guage set and add through the service valves.