Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

Central AC (spacepak) cools my house, but even when the

Customer Question

Central AC (spacepak) cools my house, but even when the indoor temperature is below the setting on the thermostat, though the blooper fan stops, the AC compressor keeps running until I pull the electrical link
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: I think it is a stuck relay powering the compressor
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: it depends how difficult it is
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: system is over 10 yrs old. I crawled into the attic 2 days ago and cleaned out the condenser box. The water in the box was filthy and on the bottom was a half inch of rust, which I tried my best to clean.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

If outside unit continues to run, this sounds like a bad contactor (sticking).

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No fair. I was informed that there was something wrong with my credit card and I never received the information until after I had paid for a service call. Now you let me see the HVAC Technician's response, after I already paid someone to fix it.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

I replied on July 7th at 8:26AM

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sorry Tim. The complaint was not against you. The company denied me access to your comment, telling me my credit card was rejected, so I could not take advantage of your response.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 4 months ago.

OK, sorry to hear that. I'm not sure why that happened. Let me know if you have additional questions on this. Otherwise, thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Even though the site has a deposit from you, it is not transferred to me until you positively rate my work. Giving me a negative rating does not refund your money and only reflects negatively on your expert. Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any more questions. Thank you!