Technician HVAC
Technician HVAC, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner HVAC company

Switched from a old thermostat to a honeywell rth2300 and it

Customer Question

Hi switched from a old white rogers thermostat to a honeywell rth2300 and it seems to be only blowing warm air now, while before it was cold.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Technician HVAC replied 3 months ago.
Good evening. I'm one of the experts here. I'll be assisting you, please remember to rate me with the stars up top at the end so I can be paid for my time.Can you send me how's it's wired currently ?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Here you go
Alright so to confirm g-g w-w y-y r-rc or RC or Rh????Regarding the temperature, is your ac coming on when you switch to cool ?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
r-rh which then has a connector from r to RC.there is no cool air, even when set to cool, it's seems only the fan is running. even when set to cool air and auto. only outdoor air is coming inside.Hope I understood your question correctly
Ok that's correct then as long at the board is same down at furnace/air handlerBut besides that ok. Let's get back on track here.When you turn your new thermostat to COOL, if you go outside does your ac kick on?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it's roof top unit and Everytime I went up there the blade was spinning fine, now having said that today when I was up there there seemed to be a little bit of water where i remember there was ice before, when I looked through the fence that protects the fan ,while it was still summer as well. could that be one reason?

So you had ice up in the ac during the summer season?

What time zone are you in? I see your from canada, Im in central USA, Its late here so I don't want you to feel like im ignoring you after hours. But Reason Im asking is I can opt out and let someone else that can maybe help tonight more?