Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Is there a way to control a Carrier Infinity system with

Customer Question

Is there a way to control a Carrier Infinity system with Wink or any other home automation equipment? Mostly, would like to turn it on or off.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 11 months ago.

This isCustomeragain.I was working with you on previous question. If you are primarily wanting the remote access hve you talked to Carrier about the INFINITY® REMOTE ACCESS TOUCH CONTROLSYSTXCCITW01-A?

http://www.carrier.com/residential/en/us/products/thermostats/systxccitw01-a/

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's not remote access, but rather occupancy sensing. Both of the Nests know when we're gone, as do the ceiling fans and lights (through wink). I'm trying to find a way to achieve the same thing with the Infinity. If it could be turned off by the wink I could use its occupancy sensing, but I'm open to other ideas
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's not remote access, but rather occupancy sensing. Both of the Nests know when we're gone, as do the ceiling fans and lights (through wink). I'm trying to find a way to achieve the same thing with the Infinity. If it could be turned off by the wink I could use its occupancy sensing, but I'm open to other ideas.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It's not remote access, but rather occupancy sensing. Both of the Nests know when we're gone, as do the ceiling fans and lights (through wink). I'm trying to find a way to achieve the same thing with the Infinity. If it could be turned off by the wink I could use its occupancy sensing, but I'm open to other ideas. Will the Carrier Cor connect?

The Cor is not a communicating stat so it would be the same as using he NEST as far as loosing the communicating feature