Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech

Honeywell thermostat says return, thermostat, all depends,

Customer Question

Honeywell thermostat says return
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: thermostat
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: all depends
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: why does it saythat
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I amCustomer/p>

The "return" on the display is part of the daily programing. "Wake, Leave, Return & Sleep" are the different times you set for your temp adjustments. If you have not programed the unit with these times and temps then you or someone may have hit the "Run Program" button.

Shut power off to furnace and remove batteries for 10 min. to reset. then turn system on and set t-stat to cool, press HOLD button and set temp to desired setting.