Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

My AC will not work. i have an april air humidifier. I took

Customer Question

My AC will not work. i have an april air humidifier. I took the filter out to wash it and the i noticed the coils behind it have frost on them
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: my unit outside was not turning on. I changed the air cleaner filter and reset the circuit breaker. the unit outside went on but not the unit in the attic
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: i am going to do my best to try
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: when i turn the switch on the unit on & off I can hear something but nothing very powerful. the green light goes on then it flashes yellow
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  D.E. Anderson replied 3 months ago.

Hi, how are you? May I get the equipment model and serial? Also, do you have a volt meter available and do you feel comfortable using it? Thanks.