Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech

I can't seem to shut the panel door after replacing the

Customer Question

Hi. I can't seem to shut the panel door after replacing the filter. It's like it won't go in far enough and the latches thus will not latch. The red light won't go on b/c the panel isn't in far enough. What am I doing wrong?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Are you sure it is slipped under the catch tab at the bottom correctly and have you checked for anything that would be blocking it?

Expert:  Gaztech replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I am technicianCustomer/em>

Here is another important thing to look for in your case,

The Trane xr 90 is bad for that, if unit is off level it will definitely give you problems with closing door, you will get it in but if you wish to rectify issue for good, check level and adjust accordingly with shim spacer.