Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

My AC is set at 75 on auto Today it started feeling warm and

Customer Question

Hello ***** is set at 75 on auto
Today it started feeling warm and it says it is 84 in the house. No water around it. Carpeting not wet. Snowflake blinking on thermostat
Can you help me ?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

Is the compressor and fan running on the AC unit?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

OK if they are running and the indoor fan is running then either you have a blockage (bad filter, blocked AC coil etc...) or the unit is low on freon and will need to be recharged that is really about the only things that would cause that issue.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am paid anything through the site and that will also get you a DIRECT LINK emailed to you to get back to me!.....tips are greatly appreciated so thank you very much for using this service. If you have any other questions just post back to me here anytime!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I changed the filter

OK if all is running and nothing is cooling or blocked you would need the system pressures checked for a freon issue.

Expert:  Gaztech replied 11 months ago.

Hi

I am another HVAC techCustomer/p>

Here is another thing you can look for

With T-stat calling for cool and indoor and outdoor unit all running, check with your hand the temperature of the cooper lines outside attached to the AC, The big one wrapped in insulation, peal insulation back and feel if it is cold, it should be wet and at about 40 degrees F. and the small one should be warm to the touch and outdoor fan should give off warm air.

Also while you are there inspect and clean with water hose all four sides of unit. it can be blocked with pollen and dirt. do that with unit off and then restart.

Customer/p>