Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I am considering on buying a older home, it has a 1997

Customer Question

I am considering on buying a older home, it has a 1997 Lennox AM30Q3/4-90-1 furnace that had the electronic filter coils removed and replaced with a standard filter. It has been on a annual maintenance schedule. In your opinion when do you think it will have to be replaced?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

It really depends on how it was taken care of. Typically furnaces last 15-20 years. They can last slightly longer if taken good care of however, I think you would need to plan on replacement within the next 5 years if a check on the unit proves it to be sound right now.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 months ago.

Yes.

Let me know if you have additional questions on this. Otherwise, thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Even though the site has a deposit from you, it is not transferred to me until you positively rate my work. Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any more questions. Thank you!

Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 months ago.

Did you have additional questions? I noticed you had not rated the question yet.