Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We have an prestige ultra unit - one unit. So 2 filters were

Customer Question

Hi we have an Amanda prestige ultra unit - one unit . So 2 filters were changed and the system will not work now. The thermostats have functioning batteries and seem to be set correctly. Is there a reset button
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: Don't know how would we tell? Thanks pearl !
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No we don't we can't get anyone out here!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No thx
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.

Are you ready?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 11 months ago.

Busy night.. so lets start

Expert:  Gaztech replied 11 months ago.

do you have a Gas furnace?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can we continue now ?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 11 months ago.

Can you make sure the bottom door on furnace is properly in place, if it is not sucure it will shut off power to furnace,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it is in place. Is there some kind of reset button?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 11 months ago.

Not really, try fan on mode at t-stat, does blower start?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi we changed some filters today and now or Ac is not working - no fan. The thermostats seem to be fine. We changed the batteries . The unit outside is not super dirty just done dust. Thanks
Expert:  Gaztech replied 11 months ago.

try fan on mode at t-stat, does blower start?

Expert:  Gaztech replied 11 months ago.

Is blower running?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The fan runs but the outside unit does not have the fan running
Expert:  Gaztech replied 11 months ago.

Lost you last night! I am leaving for work today so

Her are a few things to check if it apply's to your system..

Check if you have a safety switch that might be stuck in a water pan under your furnace or a condensate pump with a safety switch that is meant to shut off power to outdoor unit in case of pump failure.

Check for a loose wire connection that brings 24 volts to the AC, usualy a brown wire with 2 wires in it.

With t-stat calling for cooling check for 24 volts at the 2 strand brown wire entering the AC

-