Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

We have an prestige ultra unit - one unit. So 2 filters were

Customer Question

Hi we have an Amanda prestige ultra unit - one unit . So 2 filters were changed and the system will not work now. The thermostats have functioning batteries and seem to be set correctly. Is there a reset button
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: Don't know how would we tell? Thanks pearl !
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No we don't we can't get anyone out here!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No thx
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.

Are you ready?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 3 months ago.

Busy night.. so lets start

Expert:  Gaztech replied 3 months ago.

do you have a Gas furnace?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can we continue now ?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 3 months ago.

Can you make sure the bottom door on furnace is properly in place, if it is not sucure it will shut off power to furnace,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is in place. Is there some kind of reset button?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 3 months ago.

Not really, try fan on mode at t-stat, does blower start?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi we changed some filters today and now or Ac is not working - no fan. The thermostats seem to be fine. We changed the batteries . The unit outside is not super dirty just done dust. Thanks
Expert:  Gaztech replied 3 months ago.

try fan on mode at t-stat, does blower start?

Expert:  Gaztech replied 3 months ago.

Is blower running?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The fan runs but the outside unit does not have the fan running
Expert:  Gaztech replied 3 months ago.

Lost you last night! I am leaving for work today so

Her are a few things to check if it apply's to your system..

Check if you have a safety switch that might be stuck in a water pan under your furnace or a condensate pump with a safety switch that is meant to shut off power to outdoor unit in case of pump failure.

Check for a loose wire connection that brings 24 volts to the AC, usualy a brown wire with 2 wires in it.

With t-stat calling for cooling check for 24 volts at the 2 strand brown wire entering the AC