airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Yesterday when the outside temp was at about 90f, someone

Customer Question

Yesterday when the outside temp was at about 90f, someone left a couple of doors open and jacked the thermostat down to 55F. Out trane xl14i is no longer pumping out cool air. The thermostat seems to be working but the outside unit is not. I checked breakers and reset. Pulled the thermostat out for an hour or so and reset it...still nothing.
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Rechecked the thermostat but not the filters.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope that all I know right now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 5 months ago.

If indoor unit is running but outdoor is not,we either do not have power to outdoor unit,we are not getting signal to outdoor unit from thermostat or we have a relay not closing in unit.

Do you have a meter for troubleshooting?

Lets start by making sure the drain does not have a float switch that is breaking the circuit to outdoor unit.If you have a switch in the pvc drain lift it up and see if outdoor comes on.WE will go from here.