Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

My AC won't turn off it doesn't turn off when it gets to the

Customer Question

My AC won't turn off it doesn't turn off when it gets to the certain degrees n the cool on keeps flashing
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just today right now
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes I would want to I'm kind of in a tight budget how do you reprogram the thermostat
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: I think it's the thermostat bc I have to manually turn it off n turn on the AC n it's Automatic it's probably bc I was showing my mom how to use it n I was pressing all the buttons n explaining how everything works n the AC was on ?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly I am not paid anything until you rate my service good using the STAR RATING LINK at the top of your page, the money is paid to the site not me directly.

What is the make and model of the thermostat?