airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Well I 't feel a lot of air coming throu the vents in my

Customer Question

well I don't feel a lot of air coming throu the vents in my home sometimes downstairs but not on really hot days
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: no I haven't check the filters,my husband usually does but he has been working alot
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: well yes if I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: do I need to clean the air vents? or have them cleaned
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 5 months ago.

First things to check are filters blower and coil.You can check filter and blower wheel by removing furnace panel. Coil will depend on heater you have a gas heater or electric as to how easy it is to access.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My home was built in 1990 is it possible i need a new unit or do i just nred to clean thr vents in each room

It is very possible you could need a new unit.These units usually last 15 to 17 years so it is way overdue to be replaced.

I would have an honest reliable heat and ac contractor take a look and see if servicing and a good cleaning may prolong the life, but sincerely ***** ***** not be very efficient even if working well.

I am about to leave the office for the evening but if you have further questions, please let me know.I will do my best to help when I get back to office tomorrow.

Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings before you go. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.

To rate answer, please select one of the stars on the page.