Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

We have a Weil McLain gold burner. The relay is ticking and

Customer Question

Hi we have a Weil McLain gold burner. The relay is ticking and there is a little puddle of water around it. We turned it off for now. Also, our hot water temperature has been increasing a lot
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

Oil fired or gas fired gold boiler? which relay are you referring to? Do you mean your domestic hot water (DHW) temp is getting too hot?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The problem is fixed and I do not need or get a real answer. I still saw a charge of $23 which I do not think should apply because my question was 'answered' with more questions.
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Well, I couldn't answer your question because you didn't provide the info needed to answer it from here. Contact customer service if you want a refund. You can reach them at

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Ok. Thanks. I will not contact them. It is ok. Beat regards, daniel
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

I wasn't trying to talk you out of asking for a refund, merely telling you why I couldn't answer your question. I don't get paid unless you rate me favorably. I'd like you to come back here the next time you need expert assistance and the site does guarantee your satisfaction.