Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

I have a Rinnai Sapphire RIB2310MN/A. When I turn it on it

Customer Question

I have a Rinnai Sapphire RIB2310MN/A . When I turn it on it lights then goes out after about 30 seconds. When we don't use it for about 2 days it works fine again for about a day and the problem happens again. What could be causing this to happen?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue.

If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

NOTE: I can only get paid for assisting you if you click FINISHED and RATE ANSWER after you are satisfied with answer.

Are you ready?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

Have you noticed ABNORMAL FLAME PATTERN upon startup like flame lifting and clouding up then blow out completely ?

I flame looks normal and it just shuts down...?

The issue is caused by the Flame rods. Near the 2 pilots at the front and the back. Those small rods each that 'senses' the flame become inadequate, so they need to be replaced with a new pilot assembly from Rinnai that has longer rods and better coverage.

Contact your Rinnai dealer for details for replacement parts.

Expert:  Gaztech replied 5 months ago.

Have you resolved your issue?