Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have Honeywell heating/cooling system in my apartment

Customer Question

Hi I have Honeywell heating/cooling system in my apartment which didn't come with instructions. There are no numbers on the thermostat, can I send you a photo??
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: It is an old one so no idea how it works... I can send a photo.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: This is a question about how the thermostat works as there are no instructions???
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can I send a photo or chat with a technician...... The thermostat is at least 17 years old!!!!!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

Photo may or may not help. You can upload one here if you'd like. If it's a programmable one, you should be able to separate the front and back sections and on the back of front section should be a model number.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 5 months ago.

Did you still need assistance with this?