BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

I have replaced the outdoor condesor fan, the TXV on the

Customer Question

i have replaced the outdoor condesor fan, the TXV on the inside unit, coils cleaned inside and outside, replaced the all accounts the unit should be running in tip top shape. the unit doesn't seem yo respond to the themostat. i checked thermostat wiring all tight and right. and i have another same thermostat and tried that...nothing. any suggestions?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 3 months ago.

my name is Billy. So at this point the indoor kicks on but the outdoor unit does not?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
they both run the themostat doesn't move

so mechanically it "appears" that everything is working but the home does not cool?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

while the unit is running...feel the 2 copper pipes that connect the indoor to the outdoor has black rubber. Tell me what the pipes feel like

Ex - small one dry and warm

large one dry and cool, wet and cold, regular air temp etc....

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
large cool
small hot

Thank need the room temperature..and the temp coming out of register while running

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
room is 72
register 70
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
when i replaced the outside motor i didn't replace the capacitor does it think it' electrical or refrigerant or something else

Thank you.

Before wrapping the outdoor fan running thee correct direction after changeout?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
as far as i know i think counter clock wise i hooked it up exactly like i unhooked it would that have been a wire or a swith on the motor

depends on motor but could be a small reversible plug or a wiring swap. Is the air blowing out the top with the leading edge of the fan blade the lowest part of blade

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
i have this first co unit i spoke to you a while ago the motor is custom to the unit and comes set from first so you just have to "plug' it in
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
well what do think

Ok, pending the motor is correct..

I believe it is refrigerant level.

The pipes are different temps so we know compressor is running...but the large pipe should be seating...I think you are undercharged.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
that's what i think.

Thank you for your patience and have a great weekend