D.E. Anderson
D.E. Anderson, Industrial Refrigeration Service Manager
Experience:  15 years experience. Design, install, service of residential & commercial hvac/r equip.

I have a Sanyo split system with a RCS-1PS4U-G remote that I

Customer Question

I have a Sanyo split system with a RCS-1PS4U-G remote that I have changed the batteries, reset the ACL, but the unit will not communicate with the wall unit. I tried a RCS-5PS4U-G remote that I have as well and that would not do anything either, but works fine with the other A/C system it came with. My questions is weather I should be chasing down a new remote or is it the receiver in the wall unit?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  D.E. Anderson replied 3 months ago.

Hi, it actually could be either. I would think that if the other remote did not operate any function at all it would be the receiver, however, the remotes are two different models. It would be worth trying a new remote, but there is no actual way of verifying that it is the remote or the receiver. It uses infared LED to send the signal to the receiver, so if you have something that can view infared light, you would be able to see if it is working, such as night vision goggles, but most of us do not have those right off hand. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. Thank you.