D.E. Anderson
D.E. Anderson, Industrial Refrigeration Service Manager
Experience:  15 years experience. Design, install, service of residential & commercial hvac/r equip.

I;ve got a Senville mini split. We're currently getting a P4

Customer Question

Hello! I;ve got a Senville mini split. We're currently getting a P4 error code. In the manual that translates to Invertor Compressor drive error. Do you know what that means and how we can fix it?
JA: Have you checked for the code in the manual?
Customer: Yes. And it says "invertor compressor drive error"
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Not me no.. But
my contractor
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't know anything more, but I could ask my contractor to get in touch..
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  D.E. Anderson replied 3 months ago.

Hi, how are you? The Inverter compressor drive error means the variable speed drive of the compressor is having a fault. Some systems use an external inverter drive but in small minisplits it is usually internal to the compressor itself, therefore in most cases, that translates to replacing the compressor. The inverter determines the speed in which the compressor operates based on system load. If you have any further questions please feel free to ask. Thank you.

Hi, did you need further assistance with this? Thank you.