BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

We have an Amana Room Heat Pump and A/C that was installed

Customer Question

We have an Amana Room Heat Pump and A/C that was installed in our new house last year and this is the first summer we have used it. R-410A;AH123G35AX. It is a wall unit. We turn it on using the remote and after 10 minutes or so, it reverts to FO on the digital read out which appears to be fan only. We turn it off for 3 minutes as directed in the user's manual, and turn it back on. We have also hit the reset button. To no avail. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 3 months ago.

my name is Billy.

It appears you have a fault that is switching over to fan only out of a default setting. In other words lets say the coil "thinks" it is freezing....either a bad sensor, low on refrigerant etc....and it stops cooling operation and defaults to fan only.

As new as this unit is I would not attempt sensor test or replace on your own as it could void warranty. I would call the installing contractor and have checked out under warranty.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

You are very welcome.

Wish it was easier or a secret reset...but these are more complicated than they look.

I wish you the best