Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I am considering purchasing a home with a Buderus 4000 gas

Customer Question

Good morning: I am considering purchasing a home with a Buderus 4000 gas heating system. I had a home inspection done yesterday & the unit would not turn on. There is a sensor on the outside of the home. The sellers tried turning it on when they got home from work after 6 pm and all the lights lit up. I went to the house after 6:30pm and only 2 of the zones' lights lit up (red lights) the other one did not and no heat came out of the baseboards. Does this unit need servicing? Shouldnt all the lights turn on even if the sensor is telling the heating unit not to turn on (it was humid outside during inspection around 10-11 am)? I want the sellers to fix the unit if it is not working properly. Thank you! Vicki
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

It sounds like you need to get a plumber to evaluate the system not just a generalist home inspector or just insist the sellers fix the problem(s). This time of year the outside sensor should not be a factor unless it's out of calibration. There are several other possibilities depending on what you have for zone control.