Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I'm currently working on a Kenmore furnace and the issue

Customer Question

I'm currently working on a Kenmore furnace and the issue that I found was a bad control board. Now the in-line fuse on the board was not blown up by jumping out the thermostat and checking voltage is a confirmed that the board was bad. I just got a call that the thermostat has gone blank I'm suspecting the board has gone down again but I'm not sure what can be causing it if the fuse itself does not belong there
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: I suspect it's a larger problem with the HVAC system. This is a new thermostat that I installed for this customer back in October and it work all through the winter up until last week.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: This is my customer so yes.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That's about it for right now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 3 months ago.

1. Do you have model on furnace

2. Are you onsite to troubleshoot?