Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I am installing a Nest to a honeywell termostat... orange

Customer Question

I am installing a Nest to a honeywell termostat... orange was listed as W and then the honeywell had white and black wires into the W2 position
JA: Just to clarify, do you think this is a larger HVAC problem, or something specific to the thermostat?
Customer: Both black and white won't fit in nest
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yep
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: thats it... just whether i need to put both the black and white both into the same slot on the nest
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Phil replied 3 months ago.

Hello, NEST is not compatible with all configurations, yours has been using non standard colors, and wiring.... If I help you its going to take over an hour to sort those circuits out, and that is not covered by your offer.

So I will opt out and we can see if any of our other experts want to get involved with the situation.

Or if you wish, after a time, you can ask me to post a premium service offer which includes quite a bit of engineering....and I will submit one.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Airheatman replied 3 months ago.

I am a different expert. I will be happy to assist you today. Can you give me model on old thermostat and tell me what color wire went where?