Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a 2009 Dunkirk Q95m-200 boiler, gas fired with a hot

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Dunkirk Q95m-200 boiler, gas fired with a hot water indirect tank. Two days ago we noticed no hot water. I looked at the readout on the face of the boiler, the red on off light was on and the readout is blank. I checked to power to the unit which is good but still cannot get the boiler to fire up on the thermostat or of course make ht water.
There is an outside temp sensor.
any ideas for making it work ?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

What do you have for a water heater (brand and model please)? do you have a dedicated circulator/pump for DHW or a zone valve?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Water heater is indirect and I do not know the brand. The home has multiple zones for heating. The boiler unit does not activate for DHW or heat when called on by the thermostat
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

I need some specifics about your equipment if you want specific answers. Otherwise all I can give you are some general possibilities. At the very least I need to know if you have zone valves for zone control or a pump for each zone.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thanks for your response, pretty sure valves and not separate pumps. Sorry for the vague knowledge, I will be returning home soon and I will better answer your question.
Expert:  Rick replied 4 months ago.

Ok, get back to me when you have specifics. If you have zone valves I need the brand of the valves. Also if you have a multi-meter that will aid in troubleshooting this. I'm online until 7 pm EDT more or less. I do take breaks. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.