Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Trane Mp580/581 controller; last night we had a whole

Customer Question

Trane Mp580/581 controller; last night we had a whole building power outage, this morning it was noticed the chiller is not running, and in the Trane Summit software console graphics, none of the variables are listed but rather ??? throughout the program graphics. The alarm was on, "BCU offline". I checked the Mp581 and I do have the dancing dash. Can I reset the Mp581 from the console to communicate with the program without Rover? Can I reload backups or something from the console/program backwards to the MP581 to reinitiate communications, put it back on line with the software in the computer?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello. all of this is an issue that your local commercial Trane equipment wholesaler will set you up with factory help desk, they are quite competent and have any software you will need or updates etc.

If you need the distributors phone number tell me what cities you are nearest and I will locate the one that serves your area.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You have answered nothing. If a distributor knows more than you do, what help are you? I ask technical questions, I'm sorry you have no idea what I'm talking about; to be fair, you should have said so in the beginning instead of passing people onto product sales people. Man what a joke.
Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello again, it is not the distributor that knows more than me, it is the distributors *exclusive access to the applications team of engineers at Trane that will do you some good.

That team knows 100 times more than I or any other human on earth knows or will ever know about their vastly expanded range of equipment, and especially the programmable controllers that they alone have access to and can enable you to download onto your customers equipment.

These are not product sales people at the Trane applications engineering offices... don't confuse them with the distributor who ARE product sales people.

Expert:  Phil replied 4 months ago.

Hello again Charlie, let me know its working out for you. Trane uses their distributors to guard the gate to their Trane corporate office applications and trouble shooting engineers. If the distributor does not feel that you qualified, rightly or wrongly, he will not put you through to the Trane factory people.... in that case it takes knowing the ropes on how to get through to them.

In my case its 55 years working on chillers, Tranes and others...I know the ropes, the Trane corp applications and engineering trouble shooting team knows me for the most part... if they know you, you will get service. If not it can be difficult,

Let me know what sort of path you would like to take on this issue,