Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Baldor Return Air Supply unit that, when turned on,

Customer Question

I have a Baldor Return Air Supply unit that, when turned on, have the Fault Light blink, then go off and restart. You can run the motor in the by pass stage but the Fault Light tells me there is a short in the system, right? I have ordered and have ready to install a new overload relay RT2J but cannot figure out how to install it. I know where it goes as it mounts below another switch unit. What do I have to disconnect to install the new relay overload unit, and am I correct in thinking that the Fault Light blink is a sign of a short? I had a service man on site who simply said, "You need a new driver." Is he correct or did he say that because he did not know what else to say?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 5 months ago.

Hello, tell me please if got the name of the unit from the motor itself, or on the main cabinet of the return air supply unit.

I need the full brand name of the air handler itself, and the full model number off of the cabinet name plate.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I do not have that information and the building is 30 minutes away from here. I am in Gary, IN, the building is in Hammond, IN. I can get the information and make it available tomorrow.

Expert:  Phil replied 5 months ago.

That will work, meantime tell me horse power of the motor if you remember it, if not tell me the approximate physical size of the motor so I can be in the right ball park regarding your application.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Whew! That information was in the manual and that is in Hammond, too. How do I contact you once I hang up. I will have the information on Monday (I hope).
Expert:  Phil replied 5 months ago.

to get back to me, log into your JustAnswer account and click on this question and start typing... or... it might be easier and less risky to save this URL to your favorites file and get back to this thread that way

http://professional.justanswer.com/chat/index/a079cd48dfd24decb107eaeeb17597f4

Meantime tell me if the motor looks like you could fit it in your pocket or if you would need a good sized shopping cart.