Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Model 8800 thermostat (I have 5 / problem with only 1): a)

Customer Question

Model 8800 thermostat (I have 5 / problem with only 1): a) my ability to select "Auto" mode (for heating/cooling - not the fan) has "disappeared". b) the "Inside" temp reading on the thermostat seems to be pegged at 83 degrees while I have selected 74 degrees (Hold) for this and all other units in my house. I know the temp in the zone in question is not is not 83 degrees. I know the a/c unit is pushing cool air. c) When I push "Hold" the temperature seems to default to 85 ... I reduce the temp to 74 in "Temp Hold" mode. I have never programed this device. No humidistat or heat pump. Any suggestions appreciated.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 3 months ago.

I. Check to make sure Auto changeover is enabled (Function 06 in menu) See instructions below

2. AS for the temperature,is the air cold at registers in this area of home and does room temp feel cool?