Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I'm replacing a Trane T8411r thermostat with a Lux TX1500E.

Customer Question

Hi, I'm replacing a Trane T8411r thermostat with a Lux TX1500E. The wiring at the air handler has been modified with Florida Power (now Duke) energy conservation wiring, which is hard to trace. I believe the following is correct:
JA: Did you double-check the thermostat's settings? And what about the filters?
Customer: Sorry I hit the send by mistake. The Green wire from terminal G on the Trane goes to the G terminal on the Lux. The Blue from B on trane to C on Lux. The Red from R to RH/RC on Lux. Yellow on Y trane to Y on Lux. Orange on O trane to O Lux. The White from W(jumped to X2) on trane to W on Lux. I am thinking that the Lux doesn't support restive heat strips as booster "emergency" heat. That's fine with me. Do I have it right, or where did I go wrong. I don't have a good confidence feeling. Thanks Jim
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I am aware of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 8 months ago.

it looks good from what you described...did you program the thermostat for heat pump?